Enjoy an endless sea of Pura Vida at Casa Chameleon at Las Catalinas, a secluded paradise where adventurous moments meet serene comfort.
Explore the streets of our cosmopolitan hometown, choose from one of our many handcrafted experiences or sit back and soak in the sun all day from your private pool villa… a long list of extraordinary memories awaits you.
Situated in the decade old town of Las Catalinas and along the pristine Guanacaste peninsula, the area’s upscale Mediterranean style is refreshing although already highly experienced in the art of catering to its visitors. The prohibition of vehicles make for an easy-going, free-thinking atmosphere, with a host of walkable streets and plazas.
Located in Las Catalinas, Casa Chameleon Hotel Las Catalinas is by the sea, a 4-minute drive from Playa Prieta and 6 minutes from Penca Beach. This 4-star hotel is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from Flamingo Beach and 7.7 mi (12.3 km) from Playa Brasilito.
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 air-conditioned rooms featuring private pools. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, while iPod docking stations help you enjoy your music in the comfort of your room. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and minibars, as well as phones with free international calls.
The Casa Chameleon offers some of the most unbeatable room types for its guests: from plunge pools, unprecedented views as a standard, vertical rock fountains and rain showers with coral floors, to larger terraces in prime locations on the hillside; you’re in for that extra bit of private luxury.
Villa With Plunge Pool
Our Villas with Plunge Pool are individual, one-bed villas facing South and overlooking Sugar and Penca Beaches. Each of these private villas offers a stunning, personal salt water plunge pool and partial ocean views.
Room Size: 67 square meters / 721 square feet
Sunset Villa With Plunge Pool
Our Sunset Villas with Plunge Pool face West and boast elevated views over the Guanacaste Coast and Catalinas Islands. After a day of adventure and cultural experiences, simply sink into your personal salt water plunge pool and enjoy peaceful privacy as you witness a world-class Costa Rican sunset.
Room Size: 68 square meters / 732 square feet
Villa Suite With Plunge Pool
The Villa Suites with Plunge Pool are the ultimate Costa Rican escape. With hillside locations overlooking either the Guanacaste Coast or the Catalinas Islands, these secluded suites with a personal salt water plunge pool offer complete intimacy and comfort, devoid of all distractions.
Room Size: 108 square meters / 1,163 square feet
Treat yourself with massages and facials. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.
- Private, salt water plunge pool
- King size bed
- 480 thread count linens, 100 percent cotton
- Private terrace
- Fully stocked mini bar with local Costa Rican products and In-room snack menu
- Safety deposit box
- Complimentary local and international phone calls
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Bluetooth speaker
- Organic, locally produced toiletries
- Daily maid service
- 24-hour concierge service
Satisfy your appetite for lunch or dinner at the hotel’s restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Unwind at the end of the day with a drink at the bar/lounge or the poolside bar.
Sentido Norte Restaurant
Dining in Sentido Norte, our award-winning on-site restaurant, is like dining in a local friend’s gourmet kitchen. Led by Chef Jose Lopez, Sentido Norte boasts a combination of bold flavors and authentic dishes, all in perfect harmony with the restaurant’s mesmerizing setting.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free valet parking is available onsite.
Spa & Wellness
Coming to Las Catalinas is a rite of relaxation on its own. But you can go one step further with our spa services, which we will arrange to be delivered to the privacy of your villa. A local touch helps you sink even deeper into Costa Rican relaxation.
Indulge with a salon service that suits your self-care needs. Available in the privacy of your villa, our treatments are sure to transcend and that feel-good feeling will linger long after, guaranteed.
Yoga & Fitness
Whether you seek to continue your practice or embrace activity anew, you can do it all at Casa Chameleon. Private yoga and fitness classes can be arranged, and we are also pleased to provide yoga mats within each villa.
Know Before You Go
- Pool access available from 8 AM to 10 PM.
- Children 16 years old and younger are not permitted at this adults-only property.
- Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and also through room service.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- The property affirms that it adheres to the Safe Travels (WTTC – Global) cleaning and disinfection practices.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
Facilities fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
LIR – Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport