in Autism, Autism Travel, Autism-friendly Travel, Destinations, Los Cabos, Luxury Resorts, Mexico, Mexico Packages, Mexico Vacations
Great Things To Do While In Mexico
1. Take an expedition to the snow mountaintops of Pico de Orizaba, a dormat volcano and the highest peak in Mexico.
2. Savor chunks of tuna caught (literally) seconds before while on a fishing excursion on the sea of Cortez.
3. Take a speed boat ride to Yelapa, just 45 minutes away from Puerto Vallarta, for a horseback tour of the jungle and a very low-key village ambiance.
4. Book a stay at the delightful Hacienda Petac, a restored 17th century estate with just five bedrooms and colonial antiques, in the Yucatan.
5. Give in to a decadent afternoon of pies, crepes, and cookies – mixed in with great people watching – at Senor Sweets in Cabo San Lucas’ Puerto Paraiso Mall, facing the yacht-filled marina.
6. Go museum and gallery-hopping (and shopping) in Oaxaca for one-of-a-kindart pieces, followed by snack of Chapulines (fried grasshoppers).
7. Take a sailing excursion from Puerto Morelos to the intimate Maroma Beach – jump into the clear waters beneath.
8. Don’t miss a dip at the therapeutic thermal springs of Ixtapan de la Sal, near Valle del Bravo.
9. Go to a traditional folkloric dance performance at Mexico City’s Ballet Folclorico Nacional de Mexico at the Fine Arts Palace.
10. Take a spiritual journey along Palenque National Park, which offers a mixture of dense jungle beauty and Mayan archaeological marvels.
11. Swim in the picture-perfect beaches of La Paz, where fish are plentiful and people are not.
12. Reserve dinner at Mezzanine’s onsite restaurant for unforgettable Mexican fusion and very authentic Thai cuisine, followed by a beachside cocktail under the stars at the property’s champagne lounge.
13. Shop for handicrafts at Patzcuaro’s marketplace, known for its woven goods, silver pieces and ceramics.
14. Stroll along the zocalo (downtown historic center) in Veracruz and attempt to learn the steps of the Danzon after a scrumptious seafood dinner.
15. Make time for a visit to the rocky pool of Las Hamacas and the La Atepatahua and El Atltepetl Falls near Cuetzalan.
16. Book a winter time getaway in Michoacan for the annual monarch butterfly migration.
17. Stroll along the enchanting colonial city of Morelia, with a stop at the Museo del Delce (candy Museum).
18. Have a roaring good time at a Mexican wrestling match (lucha libre), where the colorful costumes and over-the–topness of it all over power the match itself.
19. Splurge on chic shopping and fine dining in Mexico City’s trendy Polanco district.
20. Indulge in a chocolate-covered banana while strolling along Puerto Vallarta’s lively malecon, dotted with a bevy of shops and restaurants.