COMO Maalifushi is the first luxury resort in the Maldives to open in the pristine Thaa Atoll in the archipelago’s southwest. COMO Maalifushi is the only resort to open in the Maldives’ Thaa Atoll, nestled in the archipelago’s southern reaches. With overwater villas and beach suites, COMO Maalifushi is therefore the ultimate away-from-it-all destination for families, couples, surfers and divers. There are some excellent breaks nearby as well as a string of uninhabited private islands, where there are seasonal hammerhead and manta ray sightings.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Thaa Atoll, Maalefushi, Maldives
Resort Style & Type: Boutique Overwater Resort
This Resort is Rated: 5-Stars
This Resort is Beachfront: No
This Resort is Best For: Families, Groups, Single adults & Couples
This Resort is All-Inclusive: No
This Resort is Family Friendly: Yes
This Resort is for Adults-only: N/A
This Resort is Green-Certified: Yes
This Resort Offers a Spa & Wellness Program: Yes
Maalifushi by Como is the first resort property to open in Thaa Atoll making this an ideal spot for guests who really want to “get away from it all”. Nearby is a string of uninhabited islands that offer ideal surf spots and diving spots where whale sharks and manta rays are frequently spotted.
On the beach
- Offering direct access to the beach, this Maalefushi resort is located on an island and within walking distance of Island Port.
- Full-Service Spa.
- Catch some rays at the nearby beach or spend the day relaxing at Maalifushi by COMO’s full-service spa. Then enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants.
- WiFI, iPod Docks.
- Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, iPod docking stations, and air conditioning.
When you stay at COMO Maalifushi in Maalefushi, you’ll be minutes from Island Port.
Make yourself at home in one of the 65 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your bed comes with premium bedding, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. Rooms have private patios. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Partially open bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and bathrobes.
Their Maldives resort accommodation references indigenous architecture while remaining elegantly pared back to reflect the island’s calming setting. Their overwater suites and villas are built off wooden walkways that stand above the shallow lagoon. Each has its own private terrace for slipping into the sea, while Their garden rooms benefit from being set in the island’s tropical heart. The views are consistently spectacular: either lush gardens, where children can play, or directly out to the watery expanse.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including a health club and an outdoor pool. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy international cuisine at Madi, one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Unwind at the end of the day with a drink at the bar/lounge or the poolside bar. A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is served daily from 7 AM to 1030 AM.
At COMO Maalifushi, we rely on the same principles: local seafood that’s so fresh, we serve it as sushi and sashimi at Their Japanese restaurant, Tai, as well as organic produce rendered in healthy, all-day dining at Madi, Thila, and on Their COMO Shambhala menus. Flexibility is key, Their chefs always aim to accommodate food intolerance, the preferences of children, and discerning palates full of expectation.
A complimentary breakfast is offered. In-room dining choices include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night fare, available from room service (during limited hours).
This beachfront restaurant serves International cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
This restaurant specializes in Japanese cuisine.
Pool bar and lounge is an ideal spot for a cocktail or an informal bite to eat.
A private beach, a health club, and complimentary bicycles are featured at the resort. An outdoor pool and a children’s pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a steam room.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A round trip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge during limited hours.
In addition to a full-service spa, Maalifushi by COMO features an outdoor pool and a health club. Dining is available at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants. The property also offers a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
A business center is on site at this 5-star property. This luxury resort also offers a spa tub, a steam room, and a library.
What to expect:
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
WELLNESS BY COMO SHAMBHALA
Their COMO Shambhala Retreat at COMO Maalifushi in the Maldives goes hand-in-hand with the private island resort experience. Eight double treatment pavilions are set over the water, with doors that open wide so you can relax on a massage bed or in Their over sized bathtubs listening to the sound of the waves and the ocean breeze. We have steam, sauna and Jacuzzi areas, as well as an open-air yoga pavilion located on the sunrise side of the island, with views of the Indian Ocean. We have a state-of-the-art fitness center, as well as expert instruction in yoga, meditation, and core connection. Treatments are based on Asian traditions, from Thai Massage, Taksu and Indonesian Massage, to Foot Reflexology and Indian Head Massage. Their retreat also offers classic beauty treatments, including Sundari Facials, Guinot facials, manicures and pedicures.
Thaa Atoll, Maalefushi, Maldives
MLE – Velana International Airport
Your Package Includes the Following:
- Deluxe accommodation from our hand-picked collection
- Travelers on tailor-made journeys benefit from our full support on the ground
- A professional guide waiting to meet you upon arrival at your destination
- Private car transfers or limousine service
- Hotel check-in assistance
- Private guides when sightseeing
- Depending on itinerary, all tips are included for drivers and guides so no need to wonder how much to give at the end of your holiday
- International and local flights by scheduled airline or private jet
- Daily breakfast (Optional meal plans are available)
- Sightseeing as described in each itinerary are included
- Your personalized itinerary with listings of things to see and do, and our personal recommendations.
What’s Not Included:
- Flight not listed in your itinerary
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Airline baggage fees
- Travel Protection Plan – Please kindly note that the full coverage travel protection from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own
- Optional activities
Discover COMO Shambhala
Discover COMO Shambhala
Revitalize with holistic well being treatments at COMO Shambhala Retreat. Your stay includes meals and spa therapies.
- Breakfast and a choice of lunch or dinner (excludes beverages)
- One 60-minute session of selected massages/ facial treatment/ activity per person per day, choice of
– COMO Shambhala Massage
– Foot Reflexology
– Indian Head Massage
– Guinot Aromatic Facial
– Private Yoga (up to two persons per session)
- 10 per cent off on any additional spa treatment
- Complimentary scheduled yoga class
- Complimentary non-motorized water sports activities
- Butler service – (COMO Residence, Maalifushi Beach Villa, Maalifushi Water Villa and COMO Villa only)
Terms and Conditions
The ’Discover COMO Shambhala’ package is for two adults and cannot be combined with any other promotions or offers.
Discover COMO Shambhala is available at COMO Maalifushi until December 22nd 2019.
For more information, or to book, please contact one of our travel consultants today.