River cruising is an experience like no other, offering a totally relaxing way to discover the try heart of Europe, Russia and China. While onboard, you unpack just once in your deluxe river-view stateroom. Then sit back and take in the lovely countryside, dramatic hilltop castles and charming villages as they slowly drift by. Our more than half million satisfied guests can tell you—Viking River Cruises is the best way to journey to the heart of these exciting destinations.
Ocean Ships and Itineraries
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined in 2017 by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun. In 2018, the fleet welcomes Viking Orion and an additional sister ship in 2019, making Viking the largest small ship ocean cruise line. Two more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2022.
The company’s award-winning ships are engineered at a size that allows direct access into most ports, so guests have easy and efficient embarkation and disembarkation. Each ship boasts a private veranda in every stateroom, a choice of restaurants offering a variety of fine dining options, the most al fresco dining at sea, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic Explorers’ Lounge and thoughtfully curated book collections throughout the ship, and more—all designed in understated elegance.
Base ocean cruises range from 8 to 15 days, with itineraries designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. Destinations include Northern Europe, Scandinavia and the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the Adriatic, the Americas and the Caribbean, as well as combination cruises of those itineraries available ranging from 22 to 50 days.
Viking Sun will spend her maiden season sailing the company’s first-ever world cruise, spanning 141 days and visiting five continents. And in 2019, she will embark on her second global crossing on the 128-day Viking World Cruise. Starting in 2018, Viking Orion will embark on journeys in the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Alaska.
More Links to Follow:
- Cruise Vacations
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Small Ship Cruises
- Virgin Cruises
- Avalon Waterways – Exotic River Cruises
- Azamara Club Cruises Luxury Cruise Experiences
- Celebrity Cruises Luxury Cruise Vacations
- Luxury Cruises by Compagnie du Ponant
- Frequently Asked Questions about Cruising & Cruise Vacations
- Luxury Cruise Vacation Experiences by Crystal Cruises
- Disney Cruise Line Cruise Vacations
- Experience Luxury Cruises with Holland America Line
- Find the Best Cruise Deals, All-inclusive Cruises and Cruise Vacations Today!
- Oceania Cruises – Luxury Cruise Vacations
- Paul Gauguin Luxury Cruises – South Pacific Cruise Vacations
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Experience Luxury Cruises with Seabourn
- Luxury Cruise Experiences by SeaDream Yacht Club
- Cruise Vacations by Silversea Cruises
- Themed Cruises and Cruise Promotions
- Uniworld Cruises – Great River Cruises
- Experience Exotic River Cruises with Viking River Cruises
- Experience Exotic Small Ship Cruises with Windstar Cruises
- Luxury Cruises
- Group Travel
- Honeymoon Vacation
- Honeymoon Registry
- Clothing-optional & Adults-only Vacations
- Adult Vacations
- Adult Resort Listings
- Clothing Optional Resorts
- All Inclusive Resorts
- Unique Travel Experiences
- Our Hotel Collection
- Travel Planning Guide
- All Inclusive Vacations