Cancún boasts a superb location, a year-round mild climate and gorgeous, warm, sandy white beaches washed by the Caribbean Sea. Its waters, sheltered by Isla Mujeres, are calm and perfect for surfing, sailing, diving and boat trips; those facing the open surf have stronger currents but are also suitable for fishing and snorkeling.
Cancún’s famous hotels combine luxury and comfort with hospitality and offer access to tennis, golf and spas. Nightlife in Cancún’s hotel zone is extremely varied. You will find some of the largest discos in the world, restaurants with some of the world’s most famous chefs, as well as fast-food outlets. If you are looking for a calmer atmosphere, there are jazz and piano bars, and those offering traditional mariachi music as well. Cancún is home to fascinating Mayan Ruins, and a museum displaying pieces from this ancient culture. Tours can be arranged beforehand to Quintana Roo and the neighboring Yucatan, two of the most impressive places in the Mayan world.
Cancun all-inclusive vacations – Built for fun.
Whether you’re looking to relax and escape the hustle and bustle and constant stress of everyday life, or whether you’re looking to spice things up when the daily doldrums begin to bore you, Cancun has something to offer for every type of vacationer. There’s a good chance you’ll be on the beach with a drink in your hand within an hour of landing at the Cancun airport, which means you’ll get the most out of an extended weekend getaway (most people typically stay four nights). It’s also home to what we think are some of the most pristine, softest, cool-to-the-touch beaches in the world, and some of the most thrilling underwater adventures and after hours nightlife in all of Mexico. All-inclusive Cancun resorts allow you to experience the best Cancun has to offer.
World’s best beaches
Let’s talk about Cancun’s beaches for a minute. Realistically we could talk about Cancun’s beaches for hours. Did we mention how incredible they are? We did? Well we’re going to say it again. We’re talking about the softest, whitest, cleanest beaches on—and this is just our humble opinion—the entire planet. There’s a reason most people stay on the beach all day, only to head into town when the sun goes down.
Shopping & restaurants
With the welcoming of dozens of boutique stores and a new outdoor mall in recent years, Cancun has become one of the premier destinations for those looking to indulge themselves in a high-end shopping experience. Maybe you’d like a hearty steak at Harry’s, or a gourmet meal at La Casa Del Chef (yes, it’s a restaurant inside the chef’s own home, and it’s awesome).
Cancun, Mexico, is a world-renowned destination located on the Yucatan Peninsula, known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and vibrant atmosphere. It offers a wide range of travel experiences for visitors. Here are some types of travel experiences that Cancun is particularly well-suited for:
- Beach and Water Activities: Cancun is famous for its beautiful white-sand beaches and warm Caribbean waters. Travelers can relax on the shores, swim in the turquoise sea, and engage in various water sports such as snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skiing, parasailing, and sailing.
- Snorkeling and Diving in the Mesoamerican Reef: The Great Mesoamerican Reef, the largest coral reef system in the Western Hemisphere, stretches along the coast of Cancun. It offers exceptional opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving, allowing visitors to explore vibrant coral reefs and encounter diverse marine life.
- Mayan Ruins: Cancun is located near several ancient Mayan ruins and archaeological sites. The most famous site is Chichen Itza, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Other notable sites include Tulum, Coba, and the lesser-known El Rey Ruins within the Cancun Hotel Zone.
- Ecotourism and Nature Adventures: Cancun and its surrounding areas are rich in natural beauty and biodiversity. Travelers can explore the region's lush jungles, mangroves, and cenotes (natural sinkholes) through eco-tours, zip-lining, ATV rides, and jungle hikes. They can also visit nature reserves such as the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve.
- Adventure Parks: Cancun is home to numerous adventure parks that offer a wide range of thrilling activities. Xcaret, Xplor, and Xel-Ha are popular parks where visitors can enjoy zip-lining, river tubing, snorkeling, swimming in cenotes, and interacting with wildlife.
- Water Parks and Family Fun: Cancun features water parks like Wet'n Wild and Ventura Park that are perfect for family entertainment. These parks offer water slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, and other attractions suitable for both kids and adults.
- Nightlife and Entertainment: Cancun has a vibrant nightlife scene with a plethora of bars, nightclubs, and beach clubs. Travelers can enjoy live music, dance to international beats, and experience the energetic atmosphere of the city's entertainment districts, such as the Hotel Zone and downtown Cancun.
- Luxury Resorts and Spas: Cancun offers a wide range of luxury resorts and spa retreats that provide world-class amenities and services. Visitors can indulge in relaxing spa treatments, enjoy gourmet dining experiences, and unwind in stunning beachfront settings.
Important Things to Know:
Passport Requirement: Yes
Visa Requirement: None. However, travelers must fill out a Mexico Tourist Card to enter Mexico via air, land, or sea.
Best Time To Travel to This Destination: December to April (Year-Round Destination)
This Destination is Best For: See Above.
Is This a Family-Friendly Destination: Yes
Recommended Vaccinations: Travelers don’t need to present a vaccination record to visit Mexico. However, it is recommended that your vaccines are up-to-date to reduce the risks of infection against endemic diseases. The vaccines recommended by the WHO are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.